2013 Trading Resolutions:
1. How many times did I PANIC-SELL exactly at the bottom in 2012? Way too many!
2. Don't waste a 5% profit once made. DON'T be GREEDY!
3. SWING-TRADE only my well-researched DOW stocks, those that price homework is done daily and technical homework done weekly over a period of three months or more. Buy on 200 points DOWN days. SELL on 200 UP days, or at least enter a SELL STOP. Trade with the emotion of the MACHINES. Do not trade hyped-up IPO's or stocks promoted on TV. Listen daily to Bloomberg as well as MNBC. STAY WITH THE PLAN.
4. Look for five EPS GROWTH STOCKS per week, sixty growth opportunities/quarter 2013. Summarize research onto manual note cards and prioritize by growth rate. Swing-trade only the five highest growth stocks. Complete weekly technical data weekly on top fifteen stocks. Complete EPS growth rate on all sixty once every quarter.
5. Do LOSS CONTROL homework on position holdings daily. Protect capital even if I have to sell at the bottom. Remember the trading rule, "the first loss is the least lost". We all make mistakes, and I made some really embarrassing mistakes in 2012. Do LOSS CONTROL daily and make the decision!
6. Don't BUY on BIG UP days, UNLESS there is a significant change in the price of the corresponding commodity, the FED policy, or an international event impacting prices.
7. On big positions with a big trading profit, DON'T WAIT to SELL...only to lose alot! SIMPLY SELL when the trend changes. Then go play golf, go fishing, or take a long walk for several days or even months. If the LORD has favored me with a large profit don't forget to help my less fortunate family members with 10% of the profit.
8. 2012 has shown me that my health is the most important of all trading rules and regulations. STAY HEALTHY in 2013.
30-Year US Treasury Bond - the yield increased to 3.111 from 2.87 percent.
US Dollar Index - 80.50 up from 79.67 last week.
Public traded stocks:
Projects and Exploration:
Candente Copper... Cañariaco Norte Copper Project located in northern Peru
Privately held companies:
Disclosure: I intend to focus on selected gold mines in Northern Peru. I have no positions in the stocks mentioned above, however that might change if gold and copper prices increase this week.